Home → About Us → Business Approach
matricus' overall objective is to offer to you, our customer, an optimal solution with the most cost-effective commercial interface and comfortable business approach. The following provides general guidelines for terms that are most often adopted:
Contract IC Design Service
professional analog, digital and rf design under contract to foundries, system’s houses, and end-users
• business approach depends on nature of task and the nature of the Specification
• options are fixed-price with milestone payments, or per diem charges payable monthly. Royalties will apply only if databases include components previously designed by matricus or specific matricus design knowledge is included in the deliverables
Turn-key IC Design Service
specify, develop circuitry, and lay out IC. The end-point will be a database tape
• the business model is similar to that for design services, and a royalty agreement may apply for database components previously designed by matricus or required from a third party, or specific matricus design knowledge is included.
specify, develop circuitry, and lay out IP block, deliverables to include engineering views dedicated to a given foundry
• business approach for new IP blocks will require milestone payments during development. Ownership of the IP will depend on customer input to the design requirement and on the degree of compatibility between the required IP and any existing matricus IP used in the developmenyt. Where an existing IP block is to be re-targeted to a different foundry, a reconfiguration charge will be made to reflect the amount of conversion work to be carried out, together with either an up-front license charge for single or multiple use or a royalty payment agreement.
providing existing Intellectual Property to systems houses or foundries
• business approach may include an up-front license charge for single or multiple use and a royalty payment.
software development to a customer Specification.
• business approach will depend on the nature of the task. In general software development will follow a per diem approach. Royalties will apply if modules or algorithms previously developed by matricus are included in the completed software product.